Well, I can't believe it's been 5 weeks since I last posted. Since I have made such a production about posting the dang vacation pics, I can't leave you hangin' without seeing some from our final day there. These are in no particular order, sorry about that. Here we are with the awesome little chambermaid who gave us a tour of the Chateau. She is French but her English was superb.

Here's some pretty stonework. I especially like the Boy Scout symbol.

Fast forward to the afternoon, here is our sign telling us it's time to go home. Even though the trip was wonderful, by that time I was ready to go home and be with the kids.

Rewind back, here is a statue of Samuel de Champlain.

I'm not a great historian, even of my own country, and I don't read French that well, so I can't remember what heroic thing he did, but since his name is Samuel I wanted to photograph it.

The Chateau Frontenac is actually an exact model of the original, which was destroyed in a fire. Here are some ruins that show the original foundation.

This might be one of my favorite pics of the trip. I just loved the old narrow streets of Quebec City. So fun.

We climbed about 450 stairs to the waterfalls. It's not Niagra but of course I can't remember the exact name.

See, here's the steps.

Matt posing as the statue, who I think is Monsieur Frontenac himself.

Matt posing by the sign.

Here's the falls, as seen from the bottom before we even started. Yikes. I had a mild bladder infection, and the sound of the crashing falls didn't really help my condition. At. All.


Here's Matt and I, almost to the top. The bridge behind us is the final destination.

Rewind back a couple of hours, here is Matt and I just shopping and enjoying the city.

Woot, woot! We made it to the top. Pretty scary looking down at the falls.

Here's a statue of Joan of Arc. She's a pretty big hero in Quebec. I am ashamed to say I never remember the full story of her triumph or heroism, but she rocks anyway.

Here's the beautiful St. Laurent river, Matt took the picture as we were taking off. Bon Voyage Montreal! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment