Monday, February 21, 2011

Playdates make me crazy.

So I've been promising Lucy that she could have a friend over. The boys have had lots of stuff going on with their friends, but Lucy hasn't, so it's her turn, and I wanted to have one of her friends over on a day with no school. Saturdays are crazy for us. Always. Sundays are out of the question. But finally there was today, President's Day. And the weather is PERFECT, yes in all caps. Sunny, a little breeze, and in the 70's. I start bright and early, around 8am, calling her friends. She gave me the order of importance.

Friend #1 never answered the phone or email.

Friend #2 never returned my call, and I'm not even sure it was the right number since she scribbled it down herself on a piece of scratch construction paper from school.

Friend #3 is sick today.

Friend #4 has grandparents in town.

Friend #5 is not off of school.

In the midst of all of this, Samuel grabs my directory and disappears for awhile. Then he comes and informs me that his friend Arush will meet us at **** park around 2:00pm.

Why are boys so much less complicated than girls?

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. You're a better mom than me! If it's not planned in advance, I won't even consider it. Our life is too crazy to be spur-of-the-moment like that. I applaud you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. I hope the day ended up being a good day for Lucy. I would have come-- you just needed to call. And by the way I wish you would continue to be our spell checker--I'm surprised you only found one miss spelling.

    ReplyDelete