Friday, October 21, 2011

More random thoughts

1. My best friend from high school is now living in Singapore, and I'm very jealous. She was remarking on her blog (Hatch Happenings on my blog) about meeting new people and making new friends, and said that people she previously knew from home must have a twin on the other side of the world. Becca, there's a name for that. In my family, it's called "Uncle Paul's Theory." My uncle Paul claimed that God really created about 100 people. Then He keeps changing the hair color, or skin color, or height/weight or whatever, and then He makes a carbon copy that lives somewhere totally different. He hopes that people won't notice this, but Uncle Paul totally figured it out. And it's true. I once met a guy in a choir in Raleigh who looked, acted, and talked like a girlfriend in California that I knew. So even the gender could be different, but it's still the same mold. So now, whenever my mom is describing someone that I don't know, she's say, "Well, who she IS...Uncle Paul's Theory..is so-and-so."

2. Lucy had her field trip to the Farmer's Market this morning, it was tons of fun. Talk about small world, I got talking to another mom from Lucy's class, and lo and behold, her husband used to own the house that we live in now. Crazy!

3. Mason has had such a good time; Martha and Ben have been here visiting, and they took Mason with them to the mountains. We had just been there ourselves (I need to update with pictures) but they got to see a couple of things we hadn't seen. It was a blast for Mason, and while I missed him greatly, it was nice to have a little more time to focus on the other three kids.

4. Fall has finally arrived, and I couldn't be happier! There were a couple of days this week in the mid-80's. It was nice, but I was really hot and ready for it to be over. Then today we woke up and it was in the 50's and warmed up to the 70's. That's more like it. Makes me want too bake some pumpkin bread. I may do just that.




No comments:

Post a Comment