Well, growing up in Utah, Matt and I tend to overlook Temple Square when we visit Utah. Now that we have kids, we make sure we ALWAYS visit. We all had such a wonderful day together. None of us had actually ever seen the LDS Conference Center, built in 2001 I think?? The kids loved the tour, especially when we got to go out on the roof.
Mason's photo of Angel Moroni on top of the temple, pretty nice shot I thought.
One of my new favorite shots of all of us.
Me and my Man.
Me and the kids inside the conference center.
We were blown away with the sheer size of the place.
Photo tour of artwork depicting Book of Mormon characters. Having just finished doing the Pageant, which has several scenes from the Book of Mormon, the kids had no trouble quoting lines from the play (and thus, scripture). They had a line to go with each painting. I'm not too sure the tour guide was amused. The girls had had enough seriousness for one day. Lizzy scraped her chin on the bottom of PG pool the 2nd day we were here, and thus had a scab for the entire rest of the trip. Such fun.
Kids with the SLC temple behind them.
I always get a little teary when I see it, such an amazing sacrifice for such a beautiful House of the Lord.
All in all, a wonderful day!

No comments:
Post a Comment